United Way of Will County Programs:
The following programs are coordinated and/or offered by the United Way of Will County. As emerging needs or trends arise within our community, UWWC will evaluate/assess those needs to determine if we can play a larger role in addressing that need.
Please note, that our website is under contstruction. More detailed information and web pages are forthcoming.
1. Emergency Food and Shelter Grant
2. FamilyWize Prescription Savings Program
3. Hygiene for Humanity
4. Brother James Gaffney Online Volunteer Center for Will County
5. Will County Disaster Relief Fund and Disaster Relief Special Needs Committee
6. Day of Action
1. Emergency Food and Shelter Funds for Will County Coordination & Distribution
a. Past 33 years allocated $9.5M to supplement shelters for the homeless, provide rent, food and utility assistance.
b. Mike Hennessy is staff contact
4. Volunteer Center: Br. James Gaffney Online Volunteer Center
b. Volunteers can search for local, volunteer opportunities
c. Companies can seek local projects to adopt
d. FREE to ALL organizations that would like to post opportunities and events
e. Sarah Oprzedek is staff contact
Day of Action
- June 21, 2017, UWWC will be hosting the Will County Day of Action, a day dedicated to taking action to help others!
- Two activities will be taking place on this day
- Meal Packaging - we will be packaging meals to distribute to local pantries
- Community Baby Shower - items collected for the Community Baby Shower can be dropped off and items will be sorted and distributed to local organizations working with new moms and new dads!
- Event is being held at Joliet Junior College Main Campus, J-Building Cafteria
- Watch website for more details!