Our Vision: To help Will County children prepare for academic success and independent, productive futures.
Our commitment: We will invest in educational, social and emotional programs that improve academic performance and build character; aid in the achievement of developmental and academic milestones, and provide learning opportunities that expand knowledge beyond the classroom.
What did we accomplish?
How many people did we help?
What programs did we support?
11,727 youth participated in quality and safe summer and before/after school programs, received support from positive, role models and learned essential character development traits including respect, honesty and integrity.
- Warren Sharpe Community Center; Summer Camp
- Warren Sharpe Community Center; After School Program
- Child Care Resource & Referral; Social, Emotional Learning
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will/Grundy Counties; Community Based Mentoring
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will/Grundy Counties; Little Friends
- Boy Scouts Rainbow Council; District Youth Program
- Boy Scouts Rainbow Council; Scout Reach Family Programming
- Boys & Girls Club; Recreation
- Campfire IL; Camping & Outdoor
- Campfire IL; Staffed Club
- Will County 4H (Cooperative Ext of IL); 4-H Clubs
- Greater Joliet Area YMCA; Central City Youth
- The Salvation Army; Youth Enrichment
- Forest Park Community Center; Youth Leadership
- The Salvation Army; Spring/Summer Camp
- The Salvation Army; Club 316
- Aunt Martha's; Youth Service
6,961 students received school supplies, academic tutoring, and worked with adult mentors to ensure pre-K – 12 academic success, high school graduation and programs that prepare students for life after school.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters; Mentor 2.0
- Boys & Girls Club; Life Skills
- Boys & Girls Club; Education
- Forest Park Community Center; Early Learning
- Catholic Charities & Daybreak: Back to School Fair
- Greater Joliet Area YMCA; Teen Achievers
- Hill Memorial Center; Learning Center
- Vilaseca Day Care; Child Care
- Vilaseca Day Care; Early Childhood Education
- Spanish Community Center; Child Care
- Northern Illinois Food Bank; BackPack Program
- Boys & Girls Club; Health & Welfare
- Will Grundy Center for Independent Living; Assistive Technology for Children
5,172 students participated in supplemental learning opportunities and activities increasing their knowledge of STEM and the environment.
- Boy Scouts Rainbow Council; STEM Blast into Scout
- Will County 4H (Cooperative Ext of IL); Embryology
- Will County 4H (Cooperative Ext of IL); Youth Natural Resource
- Will County 4H (Cooperative Ext of IL); 4-H STEM
- Warren Sharpe Community Center; Youth Entrepreneurs
- Girl Scouts of GCNWI; GirlSpace
- Warren Sharpe Community Center; Healthy Living
Total FY2017 United Way of Will County Investment in Youth Success Programs:
37 Programs Received Support
Total Served: 23,860