Our Vision: We believe all individuals and families should have the opportunity to move toward economic self-sufficiency and independence
Our commitment: We will invest in programs that educate individuals and families on skill sets necessary to become self-sufficient, provide support services to keep or gain independence, and offer basic needs assistance to struggling families.
What did we accomplish?
How many people did we help?
What programs did we support?
39,554 adults, veterans and families participated in vocational and educational programs including financial literacy, daily living skills and GED courses, guiding them through the path to self-sufficiency.
- Harvey Brooks Foundation; Family Matters
- Agape Missions; Re-Entry Program
- Bounce Back Social Services; Veteran's First
- Center for Correctional Concerns; Education: GED, ESL, ABE
- Center for Correctional Concerns; Drug, Veteran's & ARI Courts
- Center for Correctional Concerns; Library
- Cornerstone Services; Employment Services
- Will County Habitat for Humanity; Habitat Partners Program
- Will Grundy Center for Independent Living; Ind. Living Skills
- Center for Disability Services; Independent Living Skills
- Warren Sharpe Community Center; Family Empowerment/Urban Farm
36,609 residents worked hands-on with specialized case managers who assessed, coordinated and provided support services, unique to the individual needs of each person, resulting in a renewed sense of security and independence.
- Senior Services; Case Coordination
- Spanish Center; Social Services
- The Salvation Army; Caseworker Management
- Center for Disability Services; Respite Services
- Center for Disability Services; After-school respite
- Senior Services; Community Connection Collaborative
- Guardian Angel Community Services; Transitional Living-Suzy's Caring Place
- Lamb's Fold Women's Center; Permanent Housing
- Service of Will Grundy & Kankakee County, Inc.;Ongoing Developmental Disability Services
25,465 individuals, families and senior citizens received emergency food, shelter or housing assistance, thus preventing hunger, homelessness and isolation for the most vulnerable residents.
- Catholic Charities & Daybreak; Emergency Services & Homeless Prevention
- Catholic Charities & Daybreak; Mobile Food Pantries
- Forest Park; Food Pantry/Garden
- Kankakee County Community Services; Meals on Wheels
- Warren Sharpe Community Center; Food Pantry
- Catholic Charities & Daybreak; Shepherd's Table & Daybreak Shelter
Total FY2017 United Way of Will County Investment:
26 programs receiving funding
Total Served: 101,628