Our Vision: Will County to be a safe and secure community, free from abuse and neglect.
Our commitment: We will invest in programs that help Will County residents access resources in times of personal need, provide healing to those suffering from trauma, and support prevention programs to keep residents safe from harm.
What did we accomplish?
How many did we help?
What programs did we support?
2,281 victims of traumatic experiences, including abuse, neglect, and local disasters, received full-support services and basic needs to begin the healing process.
- CASA of Will County, CASA Advocates
- Will County Children's Advocacy Center; Forensic Interviews
- Guardian Angel Community Services; Sexual Assault Services
- Guardian Angel Community Services; Adult Protective Services
- American Red Cross; Disaster Services
- Guardian Angel Community Services; Groundwork Domestic Violence Program
32,078 residents utilized crisis intervention and community resource hotlines and legal support during times of heightened stress and personal need.
- Crisis Line of Will & Grundy County; 24/7/365 Social Services Information & Referral
- Crisis Line of Will & Grundy County; 24/7/365 Phone Counseling
- Prairie State Legal Services; Civil Legal Assistance
- American Red Cross; Emergency Communication for Armed Forces
26,101 individuals were equipped with the knowledge to keep themselves or others safe from harm, by participating in safety and prevention program.
- Guardian Angel Community Services; Exchange Club for Abuse Prevention
- Catholic Charities; Ombudsman Program
- Crisis Line of Will & Grundy Counties; 24/7/365 Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Line of Will & Grundy Counties; Reassurance Calls
- Greater Joliet Area YMCA; Smith Opportunities (SOAR)
- American Red Cross; Preparedness & Outreach
Total FY2017 United Way of Will County Investment:
Total Number of People Helped: 60,460