Our Vision: All individuals and families should have access to quality resources to live a healthy and fulfilled life.
Our Commitment: We will invest in medical, behavioral health, rehabilitation, and psychosocial programs resulting in a healthier community and enhanced quality of life.
What did we accomplish?
How many people were helped?
What programs did we support in this initiative?
21,072 children, teens, and adults received counseling, behavioral healthcare and participated in psychosocial support groups to improve their emotional well-being.
- Cancer Support Center; Psychosocial Oncology Support
- NAMI; Family to Family
- NAMI; Connections
- NAMI; Family Support
- NAMI; Basics
- NAMI; In Our Own Voice
- Trinity Services; Family Counseling Center
- Center for Correctional Concerns; Sexual Assault Recovery
- Community Service Council of Northern Will County; Clinical Counseling
- Joliet Area Community Hospice; Community Bereavement
- Will County Children's Advocacy Center; Trauma Focused Mental Health Services
- Will County Children's Advocacy Center; Trauma Focused Family Advocacy
- Center for Correctional Concerns; Healthy Lifestyles
12,295 individuals received substance abuse support to overcome addictions.
- S. Suburban Council on Alcoholism & Substance Abuse; RTS - North
- S. Suburban Council on Alcoholism & Substance Abuse; RTS - South
- S. Suburban Council on Alcoholism & Substance Abuse; RTS - South Detox
- Stepping Stones; Recovery Homes
- Stepping Stones; Extended Residential Treatment
- Center for Correctional Concerns; Substance Abuse
22,381 individuals received medical, dental care and access to prescription medications.
- Will County Community Health Center; Mobile Dental Services
- Aunt Martha's; Primary Care Health Services
- Will Grundy Medical Clinic; Medical Care for Uninsured
- Sertoma Speech & Hearing Center; Speech and Hearing Services
- Agape Missions; HIV/AIDS Case Management
- Sertoma Speech & Hearing Center; Mobile Hearing Van
- United Way of Will County; FamilyWize Prescription Savings *does not receive funding from UWWC*
1,057 youth increased their physical activity and reduced their risk for childhood obesity by participating on sport teams.
Greater Joliet Area Y.M.C.A.; Smith Sports
Greater Joliet Area Y.M.C.A.; Galowich Sports
Greater Joliet Area Y.M.C.A.; Central City Sports
941 children living with developmental disabilities, and their families, received access to comprehensive therapies and diagnostic resources.
Easterseals Joliet Region; Pediatric Therapy
Easterseals Joliet Region; Autism Services
Total FY2017 United Way of Will County Investment:
30 programs receiving funding
Total Number of People Helped: 57,746