Impact & Investment Council
The purpose of the council is to review funding applications and make community investment recommendations for
1. Programs that meet identified Will County needs and
2. Programs that best carry out the proposed outcomes and goals that United Way of Will County has established within each community impact area.
The I&I council is made up entirely of volunteers from our community! Our volunteers range from seasoned veterans (more than a decade) to first year volunteers. Each year we look forward to engaging new volunteers in our grass-roots approach.
As a member of our Impact & Investment Council, you will:
· Attend a community impact-specific orientation session to learn about our local community needs and our commitments to creating positive, sustainable change in Will County.
· Read through and evaluate submitted grant applications on how local programs will help meet local needs in Will County.
· Work in a team of two other volunteers to visit an agency in order to gain first hand knowledge on program seeking support from United Way of Will County. This is referred to as a "program site visit," which will be preassigned for you. You will have the opportunity to visit the agency, view the program in action (when confidentiality is not an issue) and ask questions for further clarification.
· Finally the community impact-specific council will come together for the review panel meetings. During these review panels, volunteers will report out on what they learned during their site visit and agencies will attend and educate the entire council on their programs seeking funding. At the end of this process, volunteers will determine the funding investment from United Way of Will County that each applying program will receive.